All BHS staff will work collaboratively to make a positive difference in the lives of our students by ensuring that all students learn at a high level.
Our vision is for Buhler High School to be the best high school in the State of Kansas. Our SchoolBuhler Rural High School opened its doors to students in 1915. The first graduating class (three students) graduated in 1918. The school has experienced many periods of growth and today graduates, on average, 150 students per year.
Buhler is a 4A sized high school with approximately 675 students, 65 teachers and three administrators. BHS is a member of the Ark Valley-Chisholm Trail League. Students are provided opportunities to enroll in 10 Honors or Advanced Placement academic courses. On average about 80 percent of our students will attend higher learning at a two year or four year college/university. Students are also able to continue the rich tradition of our community by being involved in a very strong vocational agriculture program.
Achievements and Philosophy
Buhler High School maintains a rich tradition of excellence academics, arts, and athletics. The philosophy of education at Buhler can be summed up with the idea of encouraging and supporting a well-rounded education for our students. Students are encouraged to be involved in the offerings in the areas of academics, athletics and the arts.
- We will hold high expectations for student achievement and character, and will encourage students to take responsibility for their lives and the learning process.
- We will enthusiastically model the importance of becoming a life-long learner through our own personal and professional development.
- We will collaborate with one another to create a culture, along with appropriate structures, that will foster successful student learning and high achievement.
- We will recognize and celebrate the achievements of both colleagues and students.
- We will assist with each student’s progress through high school by providing effective instruction, monitoring progress and providing individual support for those students in need of it.
- We will also cultivate mentorship between older students and incoming freshmen and transfer students.
- We will take great pride in and will care for our building and property and expect the same from our students.
- We will communicate often with parents regarding the educational progress of their student(s).
- We will create and maintain a safe and inviting environment for all students and staff.
- We will act in a professional manner as we take a personal interest in each student and work collaboratively with families towards our shared goal.
- We will develop rigorous curriculum offerings and instructional strategies that encourage active participation and learning opportunities for all of our students.